Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

What does the song Love Yourself by Justin Beiber mean? Find out right about now!

Confused by the Beibs constant demands for someone unnamed to go and 'love themselves' and not sure what it means? Stress not denizen of the internet, for the answer lies right here!

Oh my god, Almigo figured it out??


Firstly, the lyrics that Beiber and Ed Sheeran and someone called Benjamin Levin came up with over a couple of games of Monopoly one night before Ed went on stage somewhere and made people cry with tears of joy:

And all the clubs you get in using my name
You think you broke my heart
Ohhh girl for goodness sake
You think I'm crying
Oh my ohhh, well I ain't!

And I didn't wanna write a song
'Cause I didn't want anyone thinking I still care, I don't
But, you still hit my phone up
And baby I be moving on

And I think you should be somethin' I don't wanna hold back
Maybe you should know that
My mama don't like you and she like's everyone
And I never like to admit that I was wrong
And I've been so caught up in my job
Didn't see what's going on
But now I know
I'm better sleeping on my own

'Cause if you like the way you look that much
Ohhhh baby you should go and love yourself
And if you think that I'm still holdin' on to somethin'
You should go and love yourself

When you told me that you hated my friends
The only problem was with you and not them
And every time you told me my opinion was wrong
And tried to make me forget where I came from

And I didn't wanna write a song
Cause I didn't want anyone thinking I still care, I don't
But, you still hit my phone up
And baby I be moving on
And I think you should be somethin' I don't wanna hold back
Maybe you should know that
My mama don't like you and she like's everyone
And I never like to admit that I was wrong
And I've been so caught up in my job, didn't see what's going on
And now I know, I'm better sleeping on my own

'Cause if you like the way you look that much
Oh baby you should go and love yourself
And if you think that I'm still holdin' on to somethin'
You should go and love yourself

For all the times that you made me feel small
I fell in love now I fear nothin' at all
I never felt so low when I was vulnerable
Was I a fool to let you break down my walls?

'Cause if you like the way you look that much
Ohhhh baby you should go and love yourself
And if you think that I'm still holdin' on to somethin'
You should go and love yourself

'Cause if you like the way you look that much
Ohhhh baby you should go and love yourself
And if you think that I'm still holdin' on to somethin'
You should go and love yourself


Source:http://www.directlyrics.com/justin-bieber-love-yourself-lyrics.html

Pretty powerful stuff really. But when we get to the bit where he tells mystery girl to go love herself? Well that's when the power hits with the force of an angry bitter hurricane who doesn't receive any unemployment benefits. The power of ...love.

What Justin is trying to say in his own unique way = this girl loves everyone so damn much, she barely has enough time to actually look in the mirror and realise how much she should spend loving herself. And she should.
He reminds her in his incredibly subtle way that she should take a few minutes of her very busy schedule to realise how important she is, how demanding he can be and how she should love the person she truly is because she's a full six pack of awesome sauce.


Let me smack you right in the eyeballs with some pretty definitive evidence:


You're too good for me baby and need more self love and appreciation.



"ALL THE CLUBS YOU GET IN USING MY NAME"

- God what a woman! When the Beibs is too overwhelmed by spiritual energy from cancelled meet n greets, this girl pretends to be him at various clubs around town to maintain the illusion that he is truly a man of the people. And amazingly not a single security guard has noticed the difference!

"YOU THINK YOU BROKE MY HEART. OH GIRL YOU THINK I'M CRYING, OH MY OHH WELL I AIN'T!"


- Now she might have thought that when he found out that she was appearing at clubs on his behalf he would be sorely disappointed that he couldn't be there in person and do whatever he does when he catches up with a horde of happy Beliebers, but he's cool with it. #whataguy



I should do more time for the amount I don't appreciate what you do darling!



"AND BABY I BE MOVING ON"

You're too awesome for me. A gift like you should not be hoarded away and should instead be shared with the world. So he's letting her go. Remember if you love something like the Beibs loves something, let it go.

"MY MOMMA DON'T LIKE YOU AND SHE LIKES EVERYONE"

- His mum is being a complete and utter cow (obviously no one is good enough to date her son!) yet this mysterious woman still GAVE. A. DAMN. Turned up to all those mind numbingly boring family board game nights, sat through the godawful baby photos, ate that disgusting meatloaf time and time again. Still smiled. Drove Mrs Beiber crazy, still smiled. God what a trooper!

"BUT I KNOW I'M BETTER OFF SLEEPING ON MY OWN"


- The Beibs knows that when he's in bed with Ms Awesome, he's not going to sleep. She's going to rub his back and tell him how he was great when he failed to show up to those meet n greets or replaced himself with a cardboard cut out or got arrested for throwing eggs etc. By sleeping by himself he is earning a restful nights sleep and recharge which he knows he desperately needs. Spiritual energy man, it's a killer!




I can't compete with you, I shall cry behind these shades instead.



"FOR ALL THE TIMES YOU MADE ME FEEL SMALL"

The Beibs can't keep up with her achievements. He truly should be more humble...but this is Justin Beiber. He writes songs about his jealousy.

"CAUSE IF YOU LIKE THE WAY YOU LOOK THAT MUCH, OOH BABY YOU SHOULD GO AND LOVE YOUSELF"


Yes! She's finally realising that no only is she a bloody great humanitarian, she is finally realising that she's both beautiful on the inside and the outside. Finally! So much so that JB is convincing her to really spend time to further develop that inner love and let it really shine. Here's that hashtag from before #whataguy


We are highly amused!

Right, feel better for knowing all of this? I know I do!

Comments

Popular Posts