Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

Adsense not showing up on Blogger blog posts

Okay Blogspot Bloggers if you're wondering why you're getting Adsense ads appearing on your front page but not on your individual blog posts? Well I reckon I've figured it out..



The problem: Adsense isn't showing up on my blogger blog posts

It wasn't something I was aware of until a couple of days ago when I was putting my latest post up. On the front page there the banners sat, advertising whatever they were advertising proudly and all was well. Until you clicked on the post you wanted to read and BOOM, no more ads. Not even the banners that sat in the exact same position on the front page, nothing. 

Which effectively kills any revenue you're trying to make from people reading and responding to your stuff, especially when they arrive at your work via a link and not a visit to your front page. You'll get a visit but zero ad impressions. 
You can't buy Ferrari's and Lambo's via blogging when that happens!

Where did you go adsense ads? You were working before.

A quick check showed that everything was where it should be, ads were enabled, I'd put code into the layout - basically nothing had changed for a while - save for the ads not showing up anymore in actual blog posts..

So I Googled to see if anyone else was having this problem and it turns out yes, I wasn't the only one. Blogger users were getting adsense advertising on their front page, just not on their actual blog posts.

(A special shout out to the blogger who posted up some examples on the Google forums looking for answers - I'm not sure if the snapshot of his article about 'The No Fap experiment' was intentional but I sure as hell got a big laugh out of it. Of all the posts you could use as an example..)

Then it suddenly dawned on me - there was one tiny thing I did change a while back. Would changing it back fix the problem?

I'm happy to report: Yep, sure did!

So what worked for me?

Basically, I turned this off.


Yep, auto ads off.

And the next day everything missing popped back into place again and I got my usual handful of cents trickling in from this site.

The idea was sound - with auto ads enabled Adsense would work out the best placement for them and do the rest. However it seems to not gel that well with fellow Google product Blogger yet - I see the same problem with my Beers In My Backyard page even with a different layout.

(Also looking this morning at my Wordpress self hosted site Driveanotherday, I see NO ADS for whatever reason either on the front page or in posts via mobile or desktop so I may have to do the same for that site too.)

I'm switching to manual now and we'll see what happens - but if this page is any indication things seem to be working.

Hit this problem yourself? Have you tried turning it off?

Once you have Google says to wait an hour and then see if your old setup pops back into place. And if it does, I'd love you to leave a comment and share the joy with others. (Or link this post on your own blog to help out others in this situation)

Here's to a fruitful and slightly more profitable 2020!
-Almigo


Edit a few days later: While ads are back on this site, over at beersinmyback.blogspot.com nothing's coming up. I've even changed the theme and handplaced the code and still nothing. The investigation continues..

Comments

Popular Posts