Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The great wall of Michelle Bridges

So I was in Big W today. In the middle of School Holidays here in Australia. At the gateway to Easter (yes I realise now I picked a time as busy as the christmas rush, that's when clever me decides is a good time to shop..) shopping for a possible anniversary gift. And in the middle of the screaming kids and shocking trolley pilots, the one thing that definately wasn't on my mind was: Now that the Biggest Loser is over, what's Michelle Bridges up to?


My primary thought was actually escape.

A pity, because I discovered that's she's been busy making everything.* 

If you're unsure of who Michelle Bridges is, she's an insanely fit trainer from the Biggest Loser Australia who is probably strong enough to rip an engine right out of its bay, bench press it ten times before throwing it over her shoulder and running a full marathon. I've been lucky enough to interview her a couple of times and she's lovely and more committed to fitness than a kettleball with no paint left on it.

In between yelling at heavy contestants so sharply that the kilos simply fly off them in fear, she runs her own 12 week Body Transformation program which is completely different to the Almigo 34 Year Body Transformation (She focusses on health and fitness, my program focusses on looking at weights and consuming a lot of cider). It must be going great guns at the moment because I almost tripped over a whole row of Michelle Bridges 12WBT Herb Shakers in my rush to escape the retail madness. 
After my near stumble I almost tripped again into the stack of Michelle Bridges Vegie Box Slicer (I forget its true name) which was next to the Michelle Bridges Protein Shake Holder Thingy (probably not what it's really called) which was just above the Michelle Bridges other weight loss food related untensil. Alongside the other 64 Michelle Bridges products in that kitchen doo dad section. And that was just that set of shelves - I've since learnt that Michelle also has a decent clothing range (well they wouldn't look good on yours truly of course) and fitness gear and even her own Michelle Bridges 6 ltr pressure cooker!

Go Michelle!

In fact in the twenty minutes it took for me to escape the shopping madness, I came to the realisation that when it comes to personalities products getting a foothold in a store like Big W, Michelle is simply dominating the competition by sheer numbers alone. My completely unofficial tally that has no actual factual grounding puts her top of the following list:

THE MOST POPULAR CELEBRITY PRODUCT LEADERBOARD BASED ON A QUICK GLANCE WHILE SHOPPING FOR ANNIVERSARY GIFTS AT BIG W: 

1. Michelle Bridges
2. Cake Boss (I don't know his actual name)
3. The idiot with the Stchiky
4. Guy Leech (I saw weight plates with his name on it)

I have also theorised that with her dominating the retail cookware sector of the market, it's only a matter of time before we're going to see a lot of Michelle Bridges products for different applications. For example:

THE MICHELLE BRIDGES DO IT YOURSELF 1991 TOYOTA SOARER POWER STEERING FLUSH KIT!

Treat old fluid like fat and just flush it away!
or perhaps for the train fanatic of the family...

THE MICHELLE BRIDGES BROOKVILLE LOCOMOTIVE!

Are you ready to TRAIN?
And finally...

THE MICHELLE BRIDGES SIGNATURE...ER...MICHELLE BRIDGES!

For the Michelle Bridges in all of us!
Happy Anniversary Donna, I got you a Michelle Bridges! :D

*She probably had a hand in the design and by putting her name to it but it's doubtful she actually handcrafted everything...

Comments

Popular Posts