Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

Rocking the block: 2018 edition

What goes around comes around hey? Six years ago I made the bold prediction that I would never end up as a contestant on reality TV show The Block.

And magically six years later, I am still yet to get a formal invitation to demolish some walls and make a palace out of a molehill. For all involved, this is the safest of safe decisions a production team could ever make.

I'm good at bathrooms but!

However I am proud to admit that this time around in the 2018 Gatwick Hotel edition of the show, I actually do have (albeit a pretty small one) a connection to one of the contestants! One of the Blockheads and I used to get up stupidly early to do a breakfast show....and that person just happens to be...

Scott Cam!

No....wait, that's not right!

What are you saying Almigo, you wouldn't want to work with me?

(I have actually interviewed Scotty at one stage during my breakfast show days and it was all about how much a pain in the bum it is to do things by the book on a heritage listed house..)

No the team that gets my vote this year (do they vote on the Block? I haven't watched it in ages) is team Norm and Jess!



And it's on account of spending almost a year co-hosting with Jess on the former Star Fm Bendigo breakfast show. Bendigo radio gave me my first full time breakfast radio gig which meant Jess was my first official show co-host (One of two ultimately before I quit breakfast radio).

Now this was over ten years ago when we started so my recollection of each and every morning is terrifically hazy at best but what I can tell you is what an incredible force of nature she was. In that one year she put her hand up a cows bum, jumped off a diving board in the middle of a phone call (obviously the call ended when she hit the water), traded her rubbish car for a tray of chocolate slice (and a pair of home made nunchucks) and we even ended up with our own cardboard cut out! (I wonder where it is now?

Looking a bit one dimensional there Al..

Jess had a massive larger than life personality back then when we worked together so I can only imagine that it's just as big, bright and whirlwind like as it was circa ten years ago. She's bright, bubbly and more switched on than a Beacon lighting shop.
Win, lose or draw at least you know that with her on the show, you're guaranteed a whole heap of laughs and entertainment along the way :)

Go Jess (and Norm)! :)

Comments

Popular Posts