Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

Help me find the Mysterious cowboy song that time forgot


Okay Internets, I've hit a brick wall and I need your help.

I have a song stuck in my head that's been there for longer than I can remember and no matter what I try, I can't find it. 

It's an electro dance(ish) song from the 90s. (Prob mid to late 90s)

He's a cowboy!

Oh and it's about Cowboys and riding a horse...

Oh holy hell it's taken two years but I've finally found it!!

2016 EDIT: THE SONG HAS BEEN FOUND!

Thanks to the man of the music Richard Kingsmill from Triple J, it's been ID'd! A few hours after I tweeted him my problem (and this page) he made my month by revealing it's....COWBOY '78 by THE WISE GUYS!

And amazingly pretty much everything I recall about it is bang on!



Thanks Richard!!!




Okay here's what I remember:

 - Triple J the radio station in Australia played it a bit. That's where I heard it.

- The only lyrics I can remember are 'Cowboy, cowboy, cowboy, cowboy, he's a cowboy' and 'Get on your horse, lets ride' (said with vocal effect from memory.)

- I'm not the only one looking for it (and this proves I'm not going nuts too!)

- I think there were gunshots in it?

- It's not Texas Cowboy by the Grid. I had my hopes up there for a minute.

Not this song.

- I tried Shazam with the lyrics and it looked at me stupidly.

- I haven't heard it since the 90's but I wish I could.

Anyone got any ideas at all??

2016 UPDATE: 

Still looking but I thought to make it easier, I'd list the songs that I've checked out that it's not. 

A-LOVE - COWBOYS (TOO NEW)
BOYS DON'T CRY - I WANNA BE A COWBOY (HA HA NO)
ELECTRO-SCHMITT - COWBOY STORY (TOO NEW)
GOLDFRAPP - RIDE A WHITE HORSE (TOO NEW)
HUSKY RESCUES - SUMMERTIME COWBOY (TOO NEW)
ICE MC - OK CORRAL
JONZUN CREW - SPACE COWBOY
PAULA COLE - WHERE HAVE ALL THE COWBOYS GONE?
PET SHOP BOYS - GO WEST (NO..)
PORTISHEAD - COWBOYS (GREAT SONG BUT NO..)
ROLLO GOES CAMPING - GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE
THE CAT EMPIRE - VOODOO COWBOY
THE JOKERS - COWBOY
TWO COWBOYS - EVERYBODY GONFI-GON (OH THANK GOD)

Anyone got any ideas so far?

Comments

Popular Posts