Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

Thanks for this unwanted mountain Youtube..

Okay so it wasn't millions I was making. Or thousands. Or even hundreds. Sigh, let's be honest here, with YouTube I'm lucky to pull in anything more than a couple of bucks from my car video related shenanigans.



But now come Feb 20 that tiny trickle will come to a complete stop on account of not having 1000 subscribers (I have 37 at last count) or 4000 hours of watched material over the last year (I got close to about 25% of that...)

Ffs Youtube, could you please stop moving the goalposts even further away every time I turn to craft a video in order to score a buck or two?


Now there is a reason for it of course, actually more than one but wow, what a mountain to scale just for the chance to make a few cents because someone didn't skip through the ad for university learning when all they wanted to do was watch my home made soda blaster disaster.

I survived the last time they put in a rule (10,000 views across your videos before the ads would start to work again) I got there a few weeks after they announced it. An extra 963 subscribers on my little car channel? Forget it. The goals haven't been moved back here, they've been teleported to a completely different country..

It's somewhere here I think. Wherever this is.

So my earnings will fall back to advertising on sites like this which isn't exactly drowning me in spare change, especially when it takes 1000 views of a single ad for anything to happen. Gah.

What to do then?

Well this move by YouTube is probably a godsend for emerging content sites like Lbry who would probably relish the influx of smaller content creators like myself who would struggle to make the new target. Perhaps a take down of all my work and a site relocation is in order? After all unless the half dozen views I get here per week all convince 100 friends to subscribe and watch nothing but my...ah never mind :D 

Are you in the same boat?

Affected by these new rules? Seriously considering going somewhere else? Attempting to boost your subscription rate? I'd love to know what you're up to. Drop us a line below. In the meantime you'll find me busy attempting to find the right fit in mountain climbing gear...

BRB, just making money on YouTube..

Comments

Popular Posts