Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Breakfast Radio Diaries 152 - FOMO computer case

Ha, nice try computer retailer - making me think if I didn't move fast enough the case I had my heart set on for my son's Christmas would be gone forever, I'm onto you! Luckily I remembered it was a Thursday today and the Black Friday madness hasn't started just yet..


A CLOSE CALL ON THE CREDIT CARD

Long story short (and you can read the long story if you like right here) I'm geared up for Black Friday tomorrow. So much so I found myself checking out a few pre-Friday sales today. And having found the new PC case I knew my little bloke would like, I was a bit dismayed to find out online stocks were online and I was just about to pull the trigger on buying a far more expensive one...

...when I remembered the official sales start tomorrow. Which means paying pull price today might just give me a large dollop of buyers remorse tomorrow. And while the savings might not be that great, I'll take any I can get - I mean have you seen the price of everything at the moment??


BRING PAUL BACK!

We talked this morning of shows we wished never ended, or at least lasted a few more seasons and yesterday I mentioned how good Firefly was (all 14 eps) and how much of a shame it was that it just ended there. Today I'm adding a couple more British comedy greats to that list (although in both cases there's still enough amazing stuff in the series that currently exist) namely: 

Black Adder
and


The always brilliant Fawlty Towers

Oh and throw in more Goodies for good measure. 

Interestingly The Paul Hogan show was mentioned a few times today and if that's before your time (it was before mine) then here's an excerpt from Wikipedia to save the day:

Episodes of the series generally opened with Hogan, playing a version of himself he called 'Hoges', presenting a stand-up comedy routine dressed in his bridge rigger's costume of boots, shorts, and shirt with sleeves cut off. The show then presented a series of comedy sketches, usually with Hogan in the lead role and playing various recurring characters

And here's what I've found on the tubes to help paint the rest of that particular picture in your mind. 


Timely that this show was mentioned too given that the man himself Paul Hogan was the centrepiece of his own roast on Channel 7 just two days ago. Although I missed it (and had no plans on watching it) I have heard on good authority that it was...well pretty bad actually. 

Not all bad though - Tom Gleeson completely eviscerated everyone with his sharp tongue as only he can. But when the host has to remind you and everyone in the show more than once that 'everything said is all in good fun' then the idea might just be missing the mark, especially with parts of the audience who apparently wondered what was going on, especially given that roasts like this are traditionally a US thing and we've rarely seen them here on our shores.

Plus we're Australian - roast to us is a leg of lamb with mint sauce and baked potatoes on the side. 

Paul himself seemed thrilled with the idea..

Ah.


TOMORROW

-Flock of 80's Friday

-More Red Hot Summer Tour tickets

-And the 80's Blockbusters you just couldn't get into (I still haven't seen the first Top Gun. Nor Lost Boys. Oh and any dance movie out of the 80s, that's a hard pass for me..) 


Chat then and enjoy the Black Friday bargains!

-Almigo

Comments

Popular Posts