Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

Flashback: Oh what a cross stitch...

In one of our last Flashback posts for the month, we check out the time when I was amused by what I found in a Spotlight store...
In casa de Almigo, we have two places we go when the creative/handy person mood suddenly strikes. For me it's the nearest hardware store (like Bunnings) where I can quite happily drift aimlessly amongst the shelves, thinking that it can't be all that difficult to build your own pergola with the right tools, some wood and half a slab of Barecove Raddler (they've changed thier name! This bares investigating!)
Easy with some beer!

For the finance (yeah, thankfully she did say yes when I put a ring on it) that store is Spotlight, where everything can be built with a sewing needle, a staple gun and rolls of fabric, provided someone shows you how to first.
Today was no different as we roamed the store of 99% women in search of shiny things that would make her handmade engagement party invitations take a big hot flying dump on any you could buy pre made. And while she was weighing up the pros and cons of various glues, I came across something a self admitted rev head like me couldn't help but utter a giggle over...


Oh what a feeling, Toyota sewing parts:


I knew a few car brands had ventured into other products outside of the automotive world - case in point being Lamborghini making quite impressive looking tractors:
Sleek

Ferrai have built themselves a theme park...
Awesome!
And Mitsubishi keep cool outside of making cars (and starter motors - my Ford Laser had a Misubishi starter from factory) by bolting together air conditioners...
However this is the first time I've ever seen a car brand attached to sewing products. And as hard as I tried, I couldn't find a BMW marked over locker, a Dodge curtain maker or even a Hyundai pin cushion anywhere in store..
I wonder if Toyota sewing products are faster than the other brands? Or if they're safer due to the airbags? And if my wife to be does buy a Toyota sewing machine and it breaks down...do we call in Roadside assist?..


Comments

Popular Posts