Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

When Pavel met Tim and taught me a tonne

Meet Pavel Tsatouline: Chairman of Strong First, fitness author, swinger of some very heavy kettlebells and a no nonsense straight talking strength coach who has trained some of the toughest SOB's on the planet...


Meet Tim Ferris: Author, blogger, efficiency expert, creator of the 4 Hour Work Week/ Body /Chef and legendary podcaster. The guests he has had on his podcast are nothing short of extraordinary.



I make no secret of my enjoyment of Tim's work - if you haven't checked out his amazing in depth and revealing chats with Jamie Foxx, Arnold Schwarzenegger or Richard Betts then you're really missing out. Go and grab them now, load them up on a usb stick (or burn them to a cd) chuck them in the car and go for a long drive while tuning in.
You can thank me later.
Also his books are well worth more than a browse too (particularly Tribe of Mentors which is a ripping read - I'll chuck up some links to both these guys work down the bottom of the post.)

Anyway Tim sat Pavel down for a big chat and ended up creating something incredible enthralling, educational and something that changed the way I lift things out in the backyard completely overnight.

Swanky Instagram post. Feel free to follow me at almigoV2.
I'm not going to bore you with the details every lift, grunt, smug grin and deep breath involved in my latest post podcast weights session but I will advise that if you want to get strong (as opposed to looking like you're strong) then you need to listen to Pavel. Then follow up with the episode where he takes over the hosting duties and answers questions. Then go back and listen to them both again to absorb even more the second time around.

Again, you can thank me later (when you smash a personal record that's been eluding you for some time.)

Tim's first chat with Pavel is right here. I think you'll enjoy it as much as he did recording it and firing off the questions. 

Pavel's follow up can be found right here: (yes same link) I listened to them back to back and learnt a tonne. I'm planning on doing it all over again soon to undoubtedly pick up on plenty that I missed the first time around.
There's also a transcript of the Q&A session here.

THE MANY BOOKS OF BOTH OF THESE BLOKES

TIM'S WORK


I mentioned before that I've read a few of Tim's books (Tools of Titans, 4 Hour work week, Tribe of Mentors) and found interesting bits of use in all of them so far. Here's a few more you can check out (Amazon) 

PAVEL'S WORK


I'm yet to try any of Pavel's books yet but after that incredible podcast, it's only a matter of time before I sink my teeth into them. Kettlebell Simple and Sinister looks like a good place to start.

WHAT DID YOU THINK?

Let me know when you've checked out the chat yourself - I'm curious to see if it changed your sessions as much as it did mine. 

Till then. stay strong!
-Almigo

Comments

Popular Posts