Skip to main content

Bash for The Border - Round 9 - The curse of coaching

 


Like plans for my pay packet each and every week, something unexpected always pops up and ruins things last minute. It's no different in this god-awful coaching experience either as I walked in with a full team and just before game time the captain fell over..

Seriously, can I jump out of this idiot plane now?

ACROSS THE WEEK

-Tim offered up Nankervis as a swap for Dangerfield. But since Danger is one of my better players, I passed. I did offer up Sidebottom but no dice.

-Tyson (who we play this week) was looking to plug some holes in his own team and offered up some decent options. In response I offered up Sidebottom...but no dice.

-Tyson also helpfully posted up the team selections for round 9 which I combed through and found out I only had to make one change. Sidebottom was an option to play...but no dice. He's on the bench.

-Dunstan has gone mysteriously missing. I couldn't find his name anywhere on the selection list so I can only guess he's been abducted by aliens and the AFL are pretending it never happened. So he's out and Jai Newcombe from Hawthorne takes his place. I'll assign a 40k pic to him if he lasts more than a couple of weeks..

GAME TIME!

I thought I was going to be okay with my setup this week..



Only to wake up today (Saturday) to this awful setback news (thanks Tyson).

So the normal 100+ haul from dependable Penders won't happen and worse, because he's still captain for this team...it won't be doubled. That's a 200+ lack of points already and we've only got through one game so far.
Holy hell...I can smell the crushing loss from here.

TO BE CONTINUED 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The true meaning of Flo Rida's song 'Whistle'..

The whistle song? What's it about? Read on! Controversial I know but I'm about to reveal the true meaning behind the Whistle song by Flo Rida. Why? Because I'm getting the general feeling that people around me are really missing the true spirit of Mr Rida's epic masterpiece... We're getting right into the real Flo, yo. After all this time, it's still all about that wisal baby song!

200 games you must play (Part 1 of 5)

Early 2018 and according to Aussie gaming magazine Hyper, there are apparently 200 games I must play.  No exceptions.  I mean that's what the front cover screamed at me when I walked past the stand in the library earlier today. It doesn't look like it's giving me much of a choice here. But as much as I enjoy the occasional game of Super Monaco GP and Commander Keen, I have a sneaky suspicion that at best that without reading the full list, I've probably played a quarter. Possibly less - undoubtedly the list of games I have played will be far shorter than the have not.  But there's only one way to find out..

Please don't ignore this massage

It's been a while between scam emails - life has been life, work has been hectic, I've been grunting and sweating my way through my exercise sessions and so I've been putting responding to random idiots through my email on the back burner.  Until today when I was kindly asked not to 'ignore this massage.' I hope it's a hot stone one! Trust me, I NEVER ignore a massage. Better set the record straight then...