Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Breakfast Radio Diaries 154 - Up to level 6!

Today we said goodbye to Irene Cara, looked at the best album covers ever made and on a more personal note, today I'm recommending the life focus app Level Up Life. 


(Oh and in case you were wondering, this was not one of the ones that came up in the best album covers chat..)

FRIDAY I WAS TALKING DANCING MOVIES OF THE 80S...

And then today we arrive at work to learn all about Irene Cara's passing at the age of 63. And while how she passed hasn't been revealed, undoubtedly thousands of radio stations the world over (including the one I work out) would have played one of her hits today in tribute: 


 

What we didn't know until Lu looked it up was Irene's film credentials, staring not only in Fame as Coco but she was also a voice actor in both Beauty and The Beast 1992 and Happily Ever After as the voice of Snow White as well as a few appearances in various 80s movies (like 1986 Martial Arts Flick 'Busted Up')


COVER TO COVER

Favourite album cover of all time? Well I was always partial to Dark Side of the Moon for it's simplicity: 


Same with Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield - I remember this from dad's cassette cover and the long rides interstate in the back of his Datsun 260Z.


Oh and Jimi Hendrix's 'Electric Ladyland' was pretty special as a teen too ;)

Interestingly the two most memorable albums covers of the 90s for me were both albums that I didn't own but I certainly saw them in friends collections. I mean it's hard not to forget the baby in the swimming pool courtesy of Nirvana: 


And I really dug the 90s artwork of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, especially with Blood Sugar Sex Magick. 

What's going on here? Not sure. But looks interesting!

When we put this on Facebook we got a tonne of response. Nirvana was nominated a couple of times along with examples of some legendary album artwork: 




Gah! How does this one keep creeping in here???


Santana III



YOU'RE NOT A WIZARD HARRY! (YOU'RE JUST YOU)


Finally I'm going to leave you with this - an app recommendation. Yes it's been a while since the last one (which may have been either Fitocracy or IFTTT from memory and both are going back a bit) but I've been using it for the last three weeks and found myself being very productive as I not only Level Up My Life but experience a wide range of activities through it. 

Give it a go - I've certainly been spending a bit more time out in the fresh air attempting to make the place look nice and get fit in the process!

Chat tomorrow!

-Almigo

Comments

Popular Posts