Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Breakfast Radio Diaries 158 - The Low Fuel warning light

No not on my car (wifey borrowed it to deliver milks or some such and put some petrol in it before she brought it back - now I have petrol for days!) but on myself. I can talk, I can type, just don't ask me to do anything strenuous or try to run a marathon all of a sudden..



ENERGY....LOWWWWWW...

Okay it's not exactly at the same stage as Hal in 2001: A Space Odyssey as he's drained of power and singing 'Daisy Daissssy...' but after a big week and a couple of workouts across the piece, I'm certainly feeling drained. I just can't bounce back as quickly from any barbell work out the back as I used to and if I don't eat enough the next day for recovery, well I'm really feeling it then..

The early starts don't help either so being a Friday right now, you could imagine there's a lot less in the tank than at the start of the week. Still, a bit of fish for lunch on the BBQ certainly didn't go astray and even though he may just be the crankiest 11 year old on the block after three exciting days of school camp and little sleep himself, I'm looking forward to picking Jackson up from school later tonight. 
(Although I did wonder out loud earlier if someone rich and powerful could create adult school camps..)

It was quite tasty too!

Still, a bit of sleep tonight and Saturday, not too much coffee over the weekend and a house warming with friends on Sunday and we should be right as rain come Monday morning, ready to drain the energy tank once more!


REMEMBER THE GRIM REAPER ADS?

For Flock of 80's Friday once again we turned our attention to the TV screens of the 80s and asked the question 'What was the most memorable thing you witness on TV in the 80s?'

Happily no one mentioned any wedding on Neighbours (although someone did ring up about Molly's death on A Country Practise, that's still felt by people in 2022!) And while I remembered the first time my primary school saw the film clip Walk Like An Egyptian and proceeded to do just that for the next three weeks all over the playground: 


On a much darker note another thing I can't forget watching on 80s TV was the Grim Reaper warning ads about aids which I'd forgotten until now actually featured a spot of...bowling!


Nowhere as spooky now as it was back in 1987 but quite freaky when you're all of 7 years of young age and seeing it for the first time..


I'D CHAT MORE, BUT I THINK IT'S COUCH TIME

Have a great weekend, enjoy Summer if you're just hit the season, take care and I'll chat to you Monday where I have just 6 shows left of breakfast this year and coincidentally, just six of these breakfast radio diaries to go before I call it a day!

Stay tuned!

-Almigo

Comments

Popular Posts