Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Breakfast Radio Diaries 159 - Dead mower society

I need more sleep and to desperately stretch my calves. But on a more positive note I found the easiest way to get rid of three dead lawn mowers and a busted whipper snipper and now that my best friend has moved into a house with a pool, I'm feeling like I want to stay in the water for the rest of summer..

Push that wall!

Yes we were off to a flyer early this morning when I said something on air, wondered why I couldn't hear myself and then suddenly did hear myself wondering what was going on about 7 seconds later. No not the work of a demon from another dimension, it turns out someone had set the headphones to monitor the delayed channel rather than the live one. 
Then there was the wrong intro playing and a moment where I got distracted by my phone. Ahh just another day - I blame all the fun in the pool really.

SUMMER DAYS WERE MEANT FOR THIS

My best friend invited me around for good cheer, cold beers and some fun in the pool while we checked out his new house. And before I could say 'Hey this place looks amazing!' both of my kids were straight into the deep end splashing about with mad abandon. But the place really does look amazing with rooms for weeks, plenty of garage space (a must for me in the next 50 years when I'm in the market again to buy a house) and course a glorious pool that coupled with the 33 degrees at the time created a match made in heaven.


In fact if I was allowed to eat the lavish roast chook and potato salad dinner lovingly provided from the position of the deep end, then I quite easily would have. It's no wonder my kids really didn't want to go home when I announced it was time to head back to our own place (that doesn't have a pool.) 

It's also no wonder why my calves feel like they came out on the losing side of a marathon - I had a bench press day the day before and splashed around in the pool over the afternoon so much that this morning my legs (and arms) were feeling very tender. 

Well and truly worth it though and all going well, we'll be back in the same pool again come New Years Eve!


TAKE MY MOWERS...PLEASE!

My history with lawn mowers both good and bad is long and varied and for a while now, three of the dead variety have been populating my rotunda where they've been taking up space and growing a cult of spiders in record time. 

With all this junk in here there really isn't much room to do much else

Finally getting sick of the sight of them (yes all three of my cackling Babooshka specials plus my Ryobi whipper snipper that also died a grass related death) I finally did what I should have done from early on when the third unit failed to start up - give them away for free.

Yes where a price failed the freebies prevailed and I got plenty of messages, including some at some truly strange times (it's midnight, why are you messaging me now??)
And I'm happy to report that they've gone to a far better place now than rotting out the back and who knows, might even work again one day. Potentially.

Now to turn the rotunda back into a useful space again!


FOUR SHOWS TO GO

Looking at the plan for the rest of the year, the boss wondered out loud if it was better to finish on a Friday instead of the Monday and we whole heartedly agreed with that idea. So now we finish at the end of this week and don't come back til mid Jan. Not that it's going to be a quiet week by any stretch of the imagination however, there's plenty to do before we shut up shop, update our out of offices and call it a season. 
Nothing like going super busy before you can finally take your foot off the floor. 

Chat tomorrow

-Almigo

Comments

Popular Posts