Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

All aboard the wagon of war...



So there's been a few long nights in front of a blinking computer screen, a couple of those with a cheeky glass or two of red (scratch that, more a few nights like this as I enjoy my red tremendously when banging fist to keyboard) and even a couple of nights over the last six months where I'd been staring at the screen for so long that the thing was playing out in my head when I was desperately trying to sleep...

...but it was worth it in the end as my 1st Horror novel is done, dusted and now up for sale!

(2019 Edit: Look I may have had one too many scotches here, but I've lowered the price. You better grab it soon before it sells ridiculous amounts and I bump up the price again to take advantage of my new found author fame..) 

This creepy thing is very happy!


Now where did I put that other bottle of red..

Introducing 'War Wagon' by Al Shield



All they want to do is find their way home. And they'll happily tear the world to pieces to get there.

After finding themselves trapped in our world, the demon known as Dar'Kannag and his family are on the warpath to find someone with the knowledge on how to get back to theirs. Piloting their mighty war machine, they carve a bloody path across the land searching for answers until they're finally stopped in a vicious battle and taken prisoner. 
Now it's up to Agent Omega and his team to learn as much about his captives as possible - where do they come from, how did they get here and most importantly, are there more on the way?

But when another interested party emerges from the shadows and reveals who really is pulling the strings, the line begins to blur dramatically as to who is the deadliest monster of them all..



(Now available at Amazon for $2.99 US) 

Yeah proud author moment as I finished this one, especially in lieu of the two novels I started and got fairly into before I felt they all of a sudden drove themselves into the ground. It's not a great feeling when you get a third of the way through something before having to ask yourself 'Where am I going with this? How did it get here?' and more importantly 'Can I save things this far in?'

I heed and hawed for a bit - all that time sunk into it already, surely trying to resurrect things would have to be easier than starting all over again? But I did start another one...and that fell over.
Yes it's kind of like that scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail where the guy explains the problems of building a castle on a swamp..



"When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. And that one sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that’s what you’re going to get, Son, the strongest castle in all of England."

Is this book like the strongest castle in all of England now? Gee I hope so. Thankfully I managed to finish this one and didn't want to drown the thing in the nearest swamp once done - that is a good feeling!

In the meantime you can check it out through the Amazon Marketplace and if you love a good read, it's just $2.99 1.99 US. Thank the mid priced scotch for that one.

(Or if you're with Kindle Select, you can read it for free. Excellent!)

Onto the next one! Maybe I could write something about murderous swamps..

Comments

Popular Posts