Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Breakfast Radio Diaries 040: Free Mike Oldfield

No Mike's not incarcerated somewhere (that I'm aware of) it's just that my Subaru is now refusing to let go of his Man on the Rocks album for some reason.


Also how good is a hot coffee when someone else pays for it?

HE'S ON THE ROCKS AND HE'S NOT COMING OUT

A part of the pure genius behind Tubular Bells, one of the greatest albums to drive to ever in my humble opinion, is now a part of my Slowbaru permanently. Well until I find my needle nose pliers or rip the whole system out and replace it with an mp3 unit of course..

It was part of a stonking ten bucks on various cd albums I spent at an op shop recently which netted me everything from a pristine copy of Fatboy Slim's 'You've come a long way baby' (brilliant) and Blue Lines by Massive Attack (awesome), to the best of the Goon Show (good for a chuckle or two) to Jazz Masters (okay.) 

But now Bax the Subaru has decided that listening to bargain op shop CD's is not going to happen now and eaten Mike's effort here in protest. Is this because I managed to install a thermostat not pointing in the right direction recently


'YOUR COFFEE HAS BEEN PAID FOR TODAY'

I don't think I've ever heard these words uttered before in my life. But today I walked into Cafe 2640 and a mysterious someone had shouted me a coffee. Oh and one for Brandy the coach of Brand Power and the boss to boot, which is truly an amazing feeling.

However their identity didn't remain a secret for long. A couple of questions and we'd deduced that it had been Leisha who does the afternoon shift had got there before us and set up the freebie. I'd lent her my drill and she'd surprised me with a free brew which was completely unexpected.  

I should let my tools out of the shed more often if this is what happens!


WHAT'S WORTH WATCHING?


I finished The Boys last night (mother of gods was that second season action packed!) and just kicked into the first episode of Outer Range which seems interesting so far. Lu just finished up Bridgerton, the 2nd series and now we were on the hunt for someone to watch/sink our attention spans into. 
One again the Border came up with a huge list which included:

Ozark
Hell on Wheels
Peaky Blinders
The Responder
Dolly Parton's Heartstrings
Outlander
Stranger Things
Scrubs
Billy the Kid
Evil

Anything we've missed? Let me know below!


AND FINALLY, A CLEAN SWEEP VICTORY!

Look, it's been a while between wins and I don't just mean for my doomed AFL Supercoach team the Flavorless Flav's either. I've been trailing badly in our Fight For Your Flashback challenges (aka song selection thunder dome) and up until this morning, it was 5-1 in Lu's favour.

However I'm calling today a Mortal Kombat style Flawless Victory. Given the election Saturday, we went for politically motivated songs and in a huge surprise, Lu's choice of Games Without Frontiers by Peter Gabriel..


Didn't score a single vote! (Well a couple came in well after the challenge was over.) Instead all the love and voting went the way of my choice, namely Rock The Casbah by the Clash.

What a song!


I was happy for the just the victory but wow, what a way to start my crawl back. Hopefully there's a few more landslides in my favour coming up!


TOMORROW WE GO TO THE MOVIES

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think?

Sadly it was Dennis the Menace round at the in laws place. 
It was no Gladiator, that's for sure...


Chat then

-Almigo


Comments

Popular Posts