Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Breakfast Radio Diaries 103 - Earl on the hill

Greetings good citizen, it's the Earl of East Albury here once again - climbing hills, working up a sweat and hanging out for a burrito with fat chips nestled inside...

WAIT, THE EARL OF EAST ALBURY?

Okay, it's not really an official title obviously. I didn't wake up to a trumpet ensemble while a state official bowed and scraped before me presenting my Earlship. Ric Flair didn't suddenly pull up to my driveway in a limo and one of his amazing robes, yelling 'You're an Earl now Almigo! Woooooooo!' nor did I buy myself a title online for the naming privilege like you can apparently do when you buy yourself a tiny scrap of Scotland. 

No I just figured with a lot of movement in the official royal family (namely the artist formerly known as Prince now becoming Prince Charles) it was high time I gave myself a title, something I've never had in any of the locations I've found myself across this radio journey. Namesakes such as:

The Guru of Golden Square

The Goon of the Gold Coast

The Baron of Bendigo

The Hero of Hamilton

The Warlord of Warnambool

The Gun of Geelong, so on and so forth..

It's good to be K- er...Earl!

Add this to the fact that I read someone had dubbed my co-host Lu as 'The Queen of Wodonga' (I forget where I read this, possibly Facebook?) and I figured an official thing to add to my own royal seal (I don't have one, it's a work in progress still) wouldn't go astray. And so I am now the unofficial self proclaimed Earl of East Albury now and good citizens, the Earl of East Albury has been busy taking in the sites and...no wait, that's pretty much it for today.


WON'T YOU BE MY NEIGHBOUR?

I live at the end of a long street on the East side of Albury and on the other end is both an incline to make your legs yell at you climbing it and spectacular views when you finally drag yourself up there. Pretty in the day time but superb at night, today I needed to drop some forms at the local hospital just down the road and I figured it'd be well worth the overdue stroll instead of trying to work out where to park the Slowbaru when I got there. 

Besides, the people of this region need to see their Earl out and about don't they? After all, I do things for the people (and not just to keep this rig trim and terrific to rule for many decades to come.) So I got some exercise and right now you get a shot of the view from up top. It's a win win situation for everyone really. 

Tough kingdom conditions

Another five minutes down the road (well partially up, there's a bit of a hill to get there) there's another Kodak moment looking over the dwellings of the people. 


(This is not the first time I've been blessed with scenic locations either - there was the trip to get here and the occasional pit stop when the chariot wasn't blowing oily smoke, being up in the hills of the Gold Coast and the definitely different but still beautiful Hinze Dam.)

I'd also like to give a shout out to Albury Base hospital where I spent more time trying to find the main entrance (it's up past the Emergency department) than I did actually in the place. I walked in, they checked the form for errors and I was back continuing my walk (and getting lost) in no time at all. Speedy!


BOWIE WOULD BE KING

Well actually he probably couldn't be in reality - knocking back a knighthood a couple of times probably didn't put David Bowie in the 'Future King material' black book at Buckingham Palace to start with and then there's what he and I have in common, a stunning lack of royal heritage. So now he joins the pretty decently sized club 'Not going to be king anytime soon' which also includes my good self (I'm fine being Earl, that's okay) and fun loving Prince Harry due to the fact that William and Kate's kids now rank higher on the future king list than he does. 


However Bowie did get to be king (ironically just for one day) for his song Heroes that well and truly thrashed Lu's choice of 'The King of Wishful Thinking' in our latest Fight For Your Flashback round in the battle for the Kings. The result also breaks the tie and now I'm leading the challenge at 10 vs 9. Thanks for your help DB - here's a live version of that song for the people to enjoy!



THE ROYAL BURRITO

Today's royal lunch is a quickly thrown together pesto pasta which was a touch underwhelming honestly. Either there wasn't enough bite and zest in this Woolworths Pesto jar or worse, I'm starting to lose my tastebuds and these infernally pollyps need to be ripped out as of yesterday and burnt at the stake.

Either way I'm hoping this this current experience comes to a crashing and tasty halt come spring next year when the Border finally claims it's first Guzman Y Gomez restaurant. 

A meal fit for an Earl!

I was very lucky enough to have one of these outlets half a block from my old work on the Gold Coast and on a good day you could open up the boardroom windows and the smell of delicious sizzling beef would waft up to bless your nostrils. And on the odd occasion you'd find me devouring either one of their burrito bowls or the go to Cali Burrito which was a burrito...with chips inside!

No no, not potato chips, think more fries like. In. The. Burrito. Revolutionary really. 


 Gawd, I can smell and taste that already.

Oh and we're getting an Oporto too right near GYG in Lavington...but those Burritos are going to be hard to go past..


TOMORROW

Misheard lyrics!

Rock lounge tickets!

Shane A talks movies!

And I might throw around some kettlebells when I'm done to sharpen up the royal rig.

Stay tuned!


Your Earlish One

-Almigo

Comments

Popular Posts