Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Breakfast Radio Diaries 108 - Sleep now in the sugar rush

It's the day before the Queens memorial public holiday, I've got family on my doorstep looking to be let in and with everything on this week, I still haven't booked my car in for a yearly safety check. The last thing I'm ready for is a two hour meeting, especially when my brain clicks off for the day shortly after each show.


Fate, you really don't like me this week do you?

REACH FOR THE SUGAR

A few months ago we had a similar meeting and were there not those small hunting Easter eggs within reach, there'd probably be a fair chance I might have fallen asleep in the chair halfway through the company performance report. Early start, lack of sleep, lack of food, chance of snoozing high. 
It'd been a long morning, I hadn't had any breakfast by the time the meeting started I was on that terrible combination of low energy coupled with too much caffeine. And while I don't usually like relying on sugar to keep me going, I was incredibly thankful chocolate was on hand to help me stay awake - especially when they announced that the lunch they'd ordered had someone got lost in transit and therefore they needed to order something else with a twenty minute delay.  

Today sugar was also within reach, which helped a lot. Especially halfway through, one hour down and my brain was starting to go out with the tide. I think I answered some of the questions put to me, I'm not entirely sure. I think I contributed to the group discussion, aside from my usual contribution of terrible jokes that is, but again the memory is sketchy. It would've been even worse had it been a meeting without food.  

We need this as a bare minimum

Which is why if I was boss, I'd instigate the following: 

-No meetings for breakfast announcers after the time they usually knock off. 

-Free coffee for all in attendance and snacks. Many many snacks. Hot snacks especially like potato cakes and steak sandwiches fresh off the grill. 

-No meetings longer than an hour. Ever.

-A break every twenty minutes so you can look at your phone, ring people back who've been trying to call you, respond to text messages, tell the in laws you're going to be late, like something on Tik Tok or continue to work on your next award winning novel. 

-No one has to write down the minutes because let's face it, no one is going to read them post meeting anyway. 


ONE TATTOOED PIE

Congratulations to the team at Miss Amelie Gourmet once again for taking out the best gourmet pie award with their epic Chinese BBQ Pork Belly effort. They're so excited that apparently word on the street is that they may be getting special pie tattoos in celebration, something we found utterly hilarious on the show this morning. Especially if they get a piece of pork belly somehow tattooed next to it.  
For possible inspiration, may I present the following: 







THERE'LL BE NO SHELTER HERE

No wait, wrong word. There'll be no silence here. Because in addition to my own kids, we have visiting: the mother in law, my sister in law and four, count them, four nephews ranging in volume from an out of control jackhammer right up to a pair of Republic XF-84H Thunderscreach's trying to race each other to lift off. (For the initiated, I did actually Goolgle 'Loudest aircraft' for the comparison and this one leapt right ahead of the pack.)

They're on school holidays and have come up to surprise my pair, who haven't got the slightest clue what's happening this afternoon. But I'm expecting happy times, happy loud times. Very loud times because from many a previous experience, when they visit low is loud and loud is measurable on the ricther scale. 

Maybe I should host a meeting for myself in my little work shed for the next couple of days just to get some peace. Fully catered of course - I know a certain pie that would go down an absolute treat as I work out if I want to get tattoo'd or not..

-Almigo

Comments

Popular Posts