Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Breakfast Radio Diaries 138 - Man on a bridge


It's been a solid six months since I last strolled to walk in the wee hours of a workday morning, but after the frustrations of yesterday I needed to stretch my legs. Albury NSW, you're just as pretty at night as you are during the day. 

(Okay, obviously the graffiti isn't...gimme a sec to find a nicer pic from this morning..)

Ahh that's slightly better.

Hmm, maybe I should've cleaned my phone camera lens first..

And according to the Internet, it's been 33 weeks since I last made this lovely stroll in the morning, the day of picking up the car. Ahh memories. 



SPEAKING OF THE CAR AND IT'S HEAD GASKET ISSUE

I'm still working on options for the car - sink even more money into it, fix it and have something else go wrong or sell it for a loss and move on, finding something that's going to bring a touch more luck than this current choice did, even though the price of second hand cars is still high. 

Sigh, decisions. 

First thing first though, I've got some dripping taps to deal with. A leaking shower suddenly found itself leaking even more this morning before I waltzed off to work and unless I get onto this now, I know things are only going to get worse. Luckily changing washers in taps like this is a breeze compared to say...uh...changing a head gasket on an EJ25 from 2005. 


So that'll be my start to the weekend now, a little handyman work before I take prime position on the couch and scout for people who want a Blobeye Subaru project to work on. 


DRINKS UP!

We got into all things 80's cocktails on the show this morning, reminiscing about everything from Fluffy Ducks to my fav (and still is) a tequila sunrise. I mean seriously, how good do they look?


Okay truth be told, I don't need the umbrella. Or the cherry. And I've never felt like I've missed out on much when I order one of these babies and it's lacking an orange slice. (Actually come to think of things, I don't think I've ever had one with an orange slice in it..) But just looking at this delectable picture, I can practically taste it - yum!

Other suggestions of cocktails fans of the showed liked to imbue back then - 


Grasshopper (creme de menthe, creme de cacao, cream and ice in a shaker)

Brandy Alexander (Cognac, creme de cacao and cream)

Golden Dream (Galliano and Cointreu) 

Harvey Wallbanger (Vodka, orange juice, Galliano) 

Hi Harv!

Flaming Lamborghini (Baileys Irish Cream, blue curacao, Kahlua, sambucca)

Black Russian (Vodka and Kahlua) 

Hullo Comrade!

After this week that was, quite a few of these wouldn't go astray I feel...especially given how much of fan of both Baileys and Kahlua I am..


FINALLY NO PLUMBING FOR ME TODAY!

I just had a quick look at the taps, removing quite a few years of silicone holding everything in place and decided that given a) my lack of plumbing tools b) the age of everything c) how deep into the wall the system goes, this one can go back to the real estate agent/landlord to have a grunt at. Better them than me really, given the high likelihood of smashed tiles along the way with me in my tired mood. 

Had Baz the father in law been around he'd probably have them both out with just his fingers and back in there with new washers before I could even google 'How to make a perfect Black Russian' but since he won't be back til xmas, time to call in someone with the right tools. 

Maybe they could have a crack at the Slowbaru on the way out while they're at it..


It's been a huge week, time to rest. Take care and I'll chat to you again soon!

-Almigo

Comments

Popular Posts