Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Breakfast Radio Diaries 144 - And then the rains came down

On Saturday we had a lovely feed of fish and chips from Greg's Takeaway in Wodonga, ate them over the road at Junction Square and then the rains came down. Yesterday we were there for my nieces christening (which was a first for both of us!), then a celebratory feed at a mansion in Jinderra...and then the rains came down. 

Which made it no surprise at all to come to work this morning after an active weekend and spend most of the show talking about blocked off roads and flooded areas. The phones went into meltdown mode and at one stage crashed with all the calls on flooded areas and blocked off roads. 


Welcome to Albury-Wodonga, beautiful one day but partially under water the next. 

SPEAKING OF ALBURY WODONGA

I've been busy using the very helpful Answerthepublic.com recently for some my posts here and there's some interesting questions that people have asked about when it comes to internet searching the Border region, so why not answer some of them while I'm here? A shoe in for a most helpful award after this? Well if that particular shoe fits..

Can Albury go to Wodonga -  Look not the clearest question I'll grant you but if it helps things along, Albury is on the NSW side of the Border, Wodonga is on the Victorian side and therefore it's a very quick drive over the Lincoln Causway or the Freeway to get from one to the other. 

When is Albury out lock down?  - It's not currently in lock down, so the answer is now. Come on over and breath in the unlocked air. 

Albury Wodonga for sale?  - What the actual townships? Are billionaires searching this to try and buy a foothold in each state? I guess the question is about land or houses in which case yes, you can buy both. Rentals are in high demand (and have been so for the last couple of years) and property is pricey (thanks to Covid and the exodus of people deciding to leave the metro cities for provincial ones like this one) but they're out there if you're prepared to look and save. 

Is Albury Wodonga are? -  What are you asking here and more importantly, what answers were you hoping to find? Gah, my head is hurting after trying to decipher this one. 

Albury Wodonga to Melbourne - It's an easy enough drive of about 3.5 hours depending on where in Melbourne you want to go, it's an easier train trip though of roughly the same duration. 

Phew, I'm going to need another beer after being that helpful. It's been a while!


AND FINALLY, I'M JUST ABOUT OUT OF GAME

What game? Still Game of course. I've been loving this Scottish Cult Comedy ever since I tripped over it ago late one night on Netflix and at the time of writing I'm about one and a bit episodes away from finishing it. 


Which is a bit disappointing because I've had so much fun getting into it and after so many episodes, I genuinely feel part of the furniture now. I want to walk into the nearest pub, hope Boabby is there and ask for 'Two pints, prick!' I want to shop at the nearest 7-11 here on the Border (is there one? I'll have to check) and say hi to Navid and Mena. I want to have a punt with Winston and stick it to Stevie the Bookie, buy Tam a Goldie (shot of whiskey) knowing full well he'll never buy one back, put up with five minutes of gossip with Isa before having to reach for a Scottish translation book and wax lyrical with Methodone Mick over a glass of orange juice. I felt sad in the last season as some of the long staying characters took their final bow and this close to finishing things, I really am itching for more. 

And if that doesn't make much sense, I suggest you check it out on Netflix as all the episodes and seasons are there good to go. 

(Although just reading up things, I had no idea that this came about from a stage show originally. Even better, there's a lot of the stage side of things up on YouTube! So I know what I'm doing tonight!) 



Anyone got any suggestions on what I should watch next after this amazing series? 

Edit: Just watched the last episode. What a beautiful last few minutes to wrap things up as the residents become memories. Incredible. 

In the meantime please stay high and dry and here's to no more rains! (Please!)

-Almigo

Comments

Popular Posts