Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Breakfast Radio Diaries 148 - Blood on the tools

Remember how I had three things on this weeks fix it list? Well I'm happy to report that the son's computer is working better than ever, so that's great. Also my wife's car is full of fresh oil now...after a one hour job turned into a six and a half hour job and ended up with me bleeding all over the place...


Sigh. Nothing ever goes to plan does it?

WHAT THE HELL WENT WRONG HERE???

I won't bore you with the technical details (although you can read how off the rails this became if you want to over at my car blog Drive Another Day), suffice to say I hate mechanics that put oil filters on cars with air tools, making them tighter than hand tight and impossible to remove.

I tried and my hands ended up looking like this filter.

What I do have a fondness for however are helpful neighbours willing to roll up the sleeves and help an amateur mechanic such as myself on the verge of tears after a really rough week with dramas like this. And as much as he told me not to worry about them, when he comes home for work today he's going to find six cold crisp beers in his fridge as a thank you. Because god only knows where I'd be without his help (and his flame torch because fire was the only thing getting this bastard off), especially when we've got a lengthy drive in this car this weekend. 

After that adventure yesterday I've woken up sore, covered in cuts and bruises and ready for the weekend as busy as I know it'll be. I'm also looking forward to roughly half an hour from now, having beers with my best friend because god knows I need a friendly chat.


BREWED THERAPY

It was my lovely wife who messaged him, on account of me bawling my eyes out over the frustrations I face at the moment (which I might write about on this blog eventually - fair to say there's a bit going on in the background ATM), boiling over thanks to this stupid and frustratingly messy situation. By themselves they're irritations at best but when they pile up, well things and people can break and I was on the verge of breaking..

And she did it because she knew I wouldn't. Stubborn idiot I know. But it'll be great to see him, having history since year 9 when we first met. 

So that's my plan. A couple of quiet beers with a guy that knows me well, helpful chat, pick up the kids from after school care and then come home and whip up some carbonara because falling asleep on the couch. 

I'm not a doctor but I think that would be a great end to a crazy week. I'd add more but I need to get my boots on. 

In the meantime you take care, thanks for reading and here's to brighter days ahead for all. 

Peace

-Almigo

 

Comments

Popular Posts