Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Breakfast Radio Diaries 150 - Six years on and so much ground covered

As annoying as Facebook can be at times (many times) today it's reminded me of when I took a huge step in not only my career but also my life, bundling up everything we had and making the huge move to the Gold Coast in Australia. 


Yeah exactly six years ago I bid a tearful farewell to this place pictured and off we went for a trip that was equal parts exhilaration, frustration, triumph and moments of self doubt. There were tough and lean times for the family, there were experiences I never thought in a million lifetimes I'd end up doing. 

But for all the things that went bang (and not in a good way) I'm glad I took the plunge because there got me here where I am today and currently I'm quite happy with that.

TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT

I've covered a fair bit of that story previously so for the sake of not repeating myself, here's some of the previous highlights of our time living on the Gold Coast: 

There was quite a few things I'd never expected as soon as we got there ranging from an overwhelming demand for rental properties to the amount of Lambo's cruising the streets at lunchtime.

I bought a mower off a pair of millionaires. 

I bought a cheap BBQ project that worked brilliantly. Well that was right up until the point where I had to get rid of it and that ended up becoming another lesson in dealing with frustrating people. 

Top Golf was stupid amounts of fun. 

I spent a fair bit of time at the spectacular Hinze Dam.

I had my best concert experience of all time. I learnt how to brew my own beer (something I can't wait to get into again, I really miss the experience) and fell in love with the weekly findings of a downtown auction yard. 

And when it was all said and done, I listed a few things I'd miss and a few I wouldn't. Every place has it's hits and misses but I certainly enjoyed my four years there and every good thing it threw at me. 

Not to mention the great friends I made. Onya Dr Brix!


MEANWHILE CLOSER TO HOME..

It turns out the busiest industry on the Border currently is anyone working with tires. Because thanks to all the rubbish weather we've been having, a lot of potholes have been popping up all over the shop. Because of these potholes, a lot of tires are getting munched on a day to day basis. And rubber's getting pierced, rims are getting buckled and the number of drive in without an appointment customers straight after an incident is expanding exponentially. 

And that's just the smaller sized pot holes too. This huge chasm opened up recently thanks to all the downpour and you could only imagine the damage if your car ended up in here!

We also talked about folding washing but I don't think I'll bore you with that one ;) 


TWO MORE SLEEPS BEFORE THE BIG SALES

I'm referring to Black Friday of course when parts of the world goes a little nutty for vast savings. I'm hoping to nail the kids xmas lists in one big hit just before the weekend and if there's still some credits left in the currency haul after that, then maybe a new BBQ. 

Although it's been a while since I last had a BBQ restoration project so maybe it's time to pick one up on the cheap from Facebook and break out some degreaser?

Bargain! Now if only I had a man shed to put this in..

 

Chat tomorrow

-Almigo

Comments

Popular Posts