Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Breakfast Radio Diaries 160 - Survey Day!

Just like the first day of my latest breakfast shift I had the music blaring in my headphones as I strolled to work, pumped up for the day ahead. Because today was survey day, the day where we'd find out how well we went in the market since the show kicked off roughly six months ago. 



And I was so buzzed up, I almost danced past a crime scene..

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE THEN?

Yeah you know how you get so swept up in a song, you can't help but bop and grove along? Well that was me, busting a move ever so slightly up what I thought was an empty Albury street. Only it wasn't so empty as I flashed my classy moves past a police van, there to keep an eye on anyone stupid enough to crawl under the police tape covering a nearby alleyway.

If the bored looking police officer took any notice of my smooth groove moves she didn't show but given the wildlife at that early stage in the morning, some idiot badly hot stepping up the main drag probably wasn't that big of a deal really. 
Still, it surprised me a little that someone got a glimpse of me trying to look cool on the way to work.. 

SO HOW'D WE GO

I won't drill it down to the various numbers and dayparts and complex math involved in survey time suffice to say the latest report shared with us that:

-We did really well (2nd in the market!)

-We increased the audience in the sections of the market that we wanted to.  

-After I finish this post I'm off to an all staff lunch complete with complimentary beers! (Which is good because I didn't really have breakfast and now I'm famished!)

It was a fantastic result for what's been a very busy few months and to have this great news land in our laps on the last week of the show for the year, well the timing really couldn't be any better could it? 

TOP OF THE TREE

In other news Lu was sick today and so it was the one man Al show today, talking about what you put on the top of the Xmas tree now that December is here and it's tree decorating time. We haven't got our tree up so far but I am ready, provided I can find out where I left this thing around the house: 


(I know Vault Boy is around somewhere...) 
Callers dropped me a line explaining they had everything from angels to plastic stars and everything in between. Someone even shared that Baby Yoda was taking over..

One tree at a time!

Three shows to go before we wrap things up..

Chat tomorrow
-Almigo

Comments

Popular Posts