Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Breakfast Radio Diaries 162 - No money for you idiot

With just two shows to go before we wrap things up for the year and I can finally get some sleep and now we're dealing with a scamming idiot. Yes someone is pretending to be Lu, Facebook isn't batting an eyelid and sadly people are still falling for it (I get it, the money offer this close to Christmas is pretty enticing..)


Also one of us loves gift cards, the other not so much...

WE SEE NO PROBLEM HERE

So stealing someone's photos and building a fake profile using them to impersonate a personality does not breach Facebook's community standards apparently. However if you suggest someone should 'kick him in the nuts', alarms go off at Facebook HQ and before Zuckerburg can order up another camarellatte, you get a warning for inciting violence. 
I kid you not.

(Someone went off at my wife over the weekend and I stand by my suggestion. But now I'm shaking my head that while they're quick on the warnings for incitement, theft and deception by impersonation are completely okay in their book. Forget double standards, it's a whole deck of standards happening here.) 

Artist impression of the team looking into this case

The good news is the cluey people on our social media team seemed to have cut this scamming idiot off before they could fleece too many credit card details and life can continue as normal. 

Well until the next one pops up.


OOH THAT'S A YELLOW CARD

No wait, it's a gift card. I love receiving them and I like how convenient they are to give, especially if you're getting it from the receivers favourite store (and ran out of ideas for them yonks ago). However it turns out there's a few people out there who find the idea slightly impersonal and it's better to put some thought into a present, rather than reach for an easy go to. 

Each to their own of course and merry Christmas. Although if you don't want your gift cards this year, I'll happily take them off your hands, free of charge. No need to thank me, I'm happy to help!


 

TOMORROW IS A MASSIVE DAY

Not because I'm wrapping up the show for the year but also this blog. After ten years in this place and over 600 posts (a lot of them involved in this Breakfast Radio Diaries experiment) it's time to move on. So I'm going to wrap up the Friday show, write an entry for it, create a note leading to the new page (One Man Many Plans if you can't wait til then) and then turn off the lights.

What's here will stay until the internet falls over, I just won't be adding to it, instead focusing on my next blogging adventure. So last day of the early starts for the year, last day of posting here. 

Poetic hey?

Chat then (for the last time) 

-Almigo

Comments

Popular Posts