Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Final Breakfast Radio Diary 163 - Would somebody turn out the light?

We’ll here we are – the last show of 2022. The alarms are off, the out of office is on, my lengthy to do list has all been crossed off. Time to try and engage holiday mode after 163 shows, early starts and diary entries.


 And speaking of that last point, welcome to the very last one.
I’LL ADMIT, IT DOESN’T FEEL LIKE THE GEAR SELECTOR HAS GONE INTO HOLIDAY MODE YET

Because as soon as I finished the show today I got straight into the things I needed to do before I could leave the office for the last time this year. Have I got my promos pointing out that we’ll be back bigger and better next year? Are the podcasts ready for across the break? Have I explained to the fill in guy (hi Ro!) the bare minimum needed for next week while he’s on? And have I remembered to take home the giant hamper that’s mysteriously popped up on my desk?




Okay, it’s not really mysterious but it certainly was well received – a big box of yummy everything courtesy of the State Manager on account of our recent survey victory. Winning that and the sweet all staff lunch they put on in celebration was already pretty awesome, this though has really capped off one hell of a last working week. (My wife has already commandeered the white chocolate raspberries and I know the kids will hoover down the big freckles – luckily there’s still plenty in there that I fancy and certainly will enjoy.)

From experience I know things won’t feel like a holiday until the start of next week when I wake up just before the usual time when my alarm goes off, momentarily forgetting that I don’t need to get up then. Still, I’m very grateful for it – I’m not back at work until early next year and we’ve got a bit on our plate family wise that we can now focus on right across it. Here’s to coming back in the new year all in a better place, refreshed, recharged and ready to rock and roll once again.

LAST SHOW, LAST DIARY ENTRY

It’s been a nice experiment writing these entries daily but after a solid year (well since I started back on breakfast radio back in March) I’ve decided to wrap it up with this one because while there have been some days where my fingers dance across the keyboard like a revved up Pink performing at her best, there’s been others where it’s felt like a struggle or even a chore to cover the exciting parts and highlights of the show. Not all shows went well, not all shows had true moments of joy or excitement, not all Breakfast Radio Diaries could be super entertaining as a consequence. Still, while they weren’t the most popular entries on this page over 2022 (that honour again belongs to this ten year old monster and coming in second place, this one) I’m glad I did it and glad I made it through to the very end before I decided to cap them off.

BUT BEFORE I GO – LET’S TALK ABOUT AN AWARD

Our last topic for the year was all about ‘Person of the year 2022’ after Time Magazine revealed their POTY for this year was badass Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky. And hats off to Volodymyr for standing so proudly on behalf of his stricken nation in the face of such adversity too (I’m sure you’ve read my thoughts on his nemesis who deserves nothing short of a head on collision with a runaway bus at full speed.) And we thought that was such a great story, we should create our own person of the year topic and so we did.


 

So through our Facebook page fans got busy nominating some amazing people around the Border. Some even nominated themselves for humorous reasons – one woman rang up to thank ‘Anyone who made chocolate’ and I’m sure of chocolateers of the world hearing that would have been tickled pink too. Lu nominated the amazing work of Carevan where I had three people I wanted to claim as my ‘People of the year’ – well two people and a group.

1. My wife Donna. My rock and number one supporter of all that I do. This year especially I’ve watched her become more confident in what she does and I’m super proud of her always.

2. Andrew the neighbour over the road. For the simple fact that he came to my rescue on one of the worst mechanical days of my life and wanted no thanks for it.

3. And finally my kids school – Albury Public Primary School. One of my kids currently has some health concerns and the teachers and staff at this school have been nothing short of amazing about it all. From keeping us up to date on everything we need to know to checking in to see if all is okay, to helping my kids build their confidence levels daily – they’re an amazing school full of amazing people. Thank you.

WHICH OF COURSE LEADS TO JUST ONE LAST THANK YOU

If you’re a long term reader of this page or you just turned up here today wondering ‘well what’s all this diary business about then?’ thank you for visiting, having a flick through, maybe sharing it with a friend or visiting one of my many sponsors or perhaps even bookmarking the place for a catch up visit later. It’s been a fun little thing to do and even though I’m wrapping up with this one, all the diary entries are here to stay for as long as Blogger deems they can.

BUT JUST BECAUSE THIS STORY ENDS HERE, IT DOESN’T MEAN THE JOURNEY DOES

Oh no, not in the slightest. I’m still writing books and more importantly, I’m still blogging – just in a new and slightly slicker location over at my new site One Man Many Plans. There’s still all the fun and adventure you’ve come to enjoy from this place, so come on over whenever you’re ready.

And so for the last time on this page,

Take care and peace

-Almigo

Comments

Popular Posts