Skip to main content

Featured Post

Now blogging over at Onemanmanyplans.com.au

It's been real, thanks Blogger! Hey thanks for checking out this page! After 10 years of posting here and over 600 posts, it's time to try something new at over possibly greener pastures. Which means you can now find me and all my random adventuring ways over at One Man Many Plans . 

The Breakfast Radio Diaries 153 - A slight delay in broadcasting

So this is Friday's update written on a Sunday. Because Friday was chaotic (work, Black Friday, life etc) plus we had the staff Christmas party and because of that big night, I was in no state of mind to get to writing yesterday. 

Action shot from said party.

So now that I've had some sleep, welcome to Friday's update a couple of days out. 

THE BEST PARTIES ARE THE SIMPLE ONES

I've attended quite a few work xmas parties now and after experiencing everything from paddle steamers going nowhere to hotel lobby cocktails, I still maintain that the best ones are the simple ones. Hold it at a place that everyone can get to, allow partners to come, put money on the bar and leave the speeches at home. It's okay, we're adults and we'll figure out the rest of it pretty easily.

(The party itself actually inspired this - my guide on having a great staff xmas party. Bosses of the world please read it, put my points into play and watch company enjoyment rise by at least 671%.)

Friday was also the first time I got to try this interesting twist on a cocktail classic - a chilli margarita. 


And I say interesting because I'm not sure if I'm really on board with it yet. I like my chilli powder on steaks and eggs, I love my margaritas. But together? That'll take some time getting used to, but hey I was willing to give it a sip. 


BEFORE THE DRINKS THERE WERE THE SALES

And as I mentioned in the last post, I almost got sucked in early. But thankfully I slept on it, waited til Black Friday officially started and went bargain hunting from then. And it didn't take me long to find a much better deal on a computer case for my son - this one was cheaper and came with a bonus cooler, score!


I think he'll flip when he sees this under the xmas tree..


FINALLY - 80'S BLOCKBUSTERS YOU COULDN'T GET INTO

The 80's gave us some great movies didn't it? ET, Indianan Jones, Can't Stop the Music - actually maybe not that last one. But for every new box office breaking new genre hitting the big screen, there were some people out there who just couldn't get into things. 

Like me and any dance movie from the 80s. Actually make that any dance movie ever, on account that I move like a stoned cement mixer when I try to bust anything that remotely looks like a move. So Dirty Dancing, Flashdance, Footloose...yeah not a fan. 

Now Aliens on the other hand, there was an 80's masterpiece!


Gah, Monday already tomorrow. Oh well. At least we'll have plenty to talk about party wise!

-Almigo

Comments

Popular Posts